Mepilex® Border AG
Mepilex® Border Ag all-in-one silver foam dressing delivers a rapid and sustained antimicrobial action to reduce bioburden in the wound. The multipurpose design means you can use it for medium to high exuding chronic and acute wounds, such as leg and foot ulcers, pressure ulcers, malignant wounds, partial thickness burns, traumatic and surgical wounds.
Mepilex Border Ag can inactivate wound relevant pathogens (bacteria and fungi) within 3 hours, as shown in vitro 1. An international consensus states that an antimicrobial action is indicated to help reduce bioburden in infected wounds 2and acts as an antimicrobial barrier in wounds at high risk of infection or re-infection 2.
The Mepilex Border Ag design includes Safetac® – the original less-pain contact layer with silicone adhesion. That means less pain for your patients during dressing changes 3 4 5 6 7.
- Less painful dressing changes3 - 7
- Rapid and sustained antimicrobial activity 1
- Retains a high-volume of fluid for effective exuding-wound management
- All-in-one silver foam dressing
- For pressure ulcers and other chronic and acute wounds
- Van Overschelde P, et al. A randomised controlled trial comparing two wound dressings used after elective hip and knee arthroplasty. Poster presentation at the 5th Congress of WUWHS, Florence, Italy, 25-29 Sep, 2016.
- Zarghooni K, et al. Is the use of modern versus conventional wound dressings warranted after primary knee and hip arthroplasty? Acta Orthop Belg. 2015;81(4):768-775.
- Dobbelaere A, et al. Comparative study of innovative postoperative wound dressings after total knee arthroplasty. Acta orthopaedica Belgica, 2015.
- Bredow J. et al. Evaluation of Absorbent Versus Conventional Wound Dressing. A Randomized Controlled Study in Orthopedic Surgery. Deutsche Arzteblatt Intternational, 2018.
- Mölnlycke Health Care, Data on File internal report 20190215-001
- External test at Nelson Laboratories (viral penetration test), Study Report 1064846-S01
- Statement towards ASTM F 1671 (viral penetration test), PD-404335