Mepilex® Border Flex Oval
Mepilex® Border Flex Oval is a versatile all-in-one foam dressing for a wide range of wounds such as pressure ulcers, leg and foot ulcers and traumatic wounds. The Flex-cut perforations of Mepilex Border Flex Oval and shape of the borders enchance the conformability and the stay on ability of the dressing. Because of this the dressing adapts well to body contours reducing risk of rolling and early detachement 1 .
Mepilex Border Flex Oval can also be used on dry/necrotic wounds in combination with gels.
Highly conformable 1 to adapt to challenging body contours and to stay in place
Has enhanced ability to stay in place – to reduce unnecessary dressing changes and contribute to cost efficient care
- Dressings with Safetac® minimise pain and damage at dressing changes 2 3
- Versatile all-in-one dressing for a wide range of chronic and acute wounds
- Has good fluid-handling capacity 4 , for effective exudate management with less risk of maceration 5
Mepilex Border Flex Oval is designed to stay secure on challenging areas of the body. The Flex-cut perforations and shape of the borders enchances the conformability and the stay on ability of the dressing. Because of this the dressing adapts well to body contours reducing risk of rolling and early detachement 1 .
- Tensile force. Mölnlycke Health Care lab report. 201303 01-002.
- Gee Kee EL, et al. Randomized controlled trial of three burns dressings for partial thickness burns in children. Burns. 2015;41(5):946-955.
- David F. et al. A randomised, controlled, non-inferiority trial comparing the performance of a soft silicone-coated wound contact layer (Mepitel One) with a lipidocolloid wound contact layer (UrgoTul) in the treatment of acute wounds. International Wound Journal, 2017.
- Mölnlycke Health Care data on file report LIMS 20190121-007 (T-1091, Absorption Capacity; T-1099, Joint strength; T-1068, Fluid handling capacity).
- Wiberg AB, et al. Preventing maceration with a soft silicone dressing: in-vitro evaluations. Poster presented at the 3rd Congress of WUWHS, Toronto, Canada. 4-8 June 2008