Mepilex® Border Sacrum AG
Mepilex® Border Sacrum Ag antimicrobial foam dressing is specifically designed for medium- to high-exuding sacral wounds – for when you need an all-in-one dressing with an antimicrobial action to reduce bioburden in the wound.
Mepilex Border Sacrum Ag has been shown to inactivate wound relevant pathogens – bacteria and fungi – within three hours, as shown in vitro 1. An international consensus states that an antimicrobial action is indicated to help reduce bioburden in infected wounds 2. And acts as an antimicrobial barrier in wounds at high risk of infection or re-infection 2.
Mepilex Border Sacrum Ag adheres gently with Safetac® – the original less-pain contact layer with silicone adhesion. So your patients experience less pain during dressing changes 3 4 5 6.
- Less painful dressing changes 4 – 6
- Rapid and sustained antimicrobial activity 1
- Retains a high volume of fluid for effective exuding-wound management 1
- All-in-one foam dressing for sacral ulcers
- Van Overschelde P, et al. A randomised controlled trial comparing two wound dressings used after elective hip and knee arthroplasty. Poster presentation at the 5th Congress of WUWHS, Florence, Italy, 25-29 Sep, 2016.
- Zarghooni K, et al. Is the use of modern versus conventional wound dressings warranted after primary knee and hip arthroplasty? Acta Orthop Belg. 2015;81(4):768-775.
- Dobbelaere A, et al. Comparative study of innovative postoperative wound dressings after total knee arthroplasty. Acta orthopaedica Belgica, 2015.
- Bredow J. et al. Evaluation of Absorbent Versus Conventional Wound Dressing. A Randomized Controlled Study in Orthopedic Surgery. Deutsche Arzteblatt Intternational, 2018.
- Mölnlycke Health Care, Data on File internal report 20190215-001
- External test at Nelson Laboratories (viral penetration test), Study Report 1064846-S01
- Statement towards ASTM F 1671 (viral penetration test), PD-404335